Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Fourteenth Goldfish

Title: The Fourteenth Goldfish
Author: Jennifer L. Holm
Genre: Science Fiction

I really enjoyed this book for a lot of reasons. Not only did you really love the characters, but who knew finding the “fountain of youth” could be so complicated, and related to jellyfish??I think what I connected to most in this story though, was the theme of change. Change is extremely difficult for many, including myself. I loved watching Ellie navigate change in her own life, but how change in the lives of those around her also impacted her. Even as an adult, this idea rings true. As much as I want to stop time, stop change from happening, I can’t, no one can. And what this story really reminded me of it how I shouldn’t want it to. Without change there is no progress, we don’t get to experience what comes next, good or bad, and what kind of life is that? Ellie realizes this for herself, but she helps others realize it as well, including her mother and grandfather. This book was a great reminder about how life keeps moving forward whether we want it to or not and that many beautiful and amazing things can happen because of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment