Monday, November 27, 2017

Wishtree

Title: Wishtree
Author: Katherine Applegate
Genre: Fantasy


     What I love so much about Katherine Applegate is her ability to create such heartwarming stories. There isn't a moment in Wishtree that isn't whimsical or delightful, but also emotional and real. Hearing a story from a tree's perspective was unexpected and enjoyable. Red is very insightful and sees everything, having been around for such a long time. Seeing the world through her eyes opened mine to the things we don't take the time to notice or appreciate. Because of that, anytime I walk by a tree I want to be a little more observant and open myself up to how the world sees me. This book is a lovely, sweet story that goes deeper than you might imagine if you take the time to think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment